Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Escalante 09

Escalante Creek had a pretty good year considering its average snowpack. Three plus weeks of good flows is not bad. Escalante is really one of the best runs in Colorado with good water. There are very few runs in Colorado that have so many good drops with so little junk. Some folks runs just the upper or just lap the gorge, but I really think the two are better together. Escalante is the best way to get warmed up for the Colorado creeking season.

Russ builds character while Jon looks on and I enjoy the scenery.


The classic rapid 57 chevy.


Old man Donnie with a great line off the falls.


Magnetic Wall from the gorge rim.


Alot of people are questioning the Robideau Creek barometer. I think its useful, but I think we need to rework the cut-offs. I would not make the drive if it was under 500cfs. Esca is done for the year but will be back next April...

No comments: